Tuche & Automaton

Monday, October 16, 2006

The Mould

The mould grows black and into the very grout of me. It is green and then it turns to black. Sometimes small flowers of orange, tiny, can be found on skin.

It does not burn, this growing flower.
It has not a root or rot to see
It clings like a merciless creature.

The stain of it goes everywhere.
It needs not a drink, except the salty debris I leave behind.
I am mad not to wash,
Yet, I cannot let it starve,
This multi-coloured life.

I am only rotting in places,
The moment a limb drops I shall let it go.

I am only forest in places.
The malty flavour of mushrooms,
Guards me from the others.

I shall soon become part of bubbling yellow.
I shall soon become part of bursting mellow tree-root smell.
I shall soon become part of mulch.

I am only rotting in places.
I shall give up
Only when you can push a finger through me.

4 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Cocaine Jesus said...

happens to us all.

you are one talented girl molly bloom.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Thivai Abhor said...

I would like to extend an invitation to you to join in on a collective blogging section of our upcoming winter issue of Reconstruction. The issue is the “Theories/Practices of Blogging.” In addition to the special section of posts on blogging there will be about a dozen essays on blogging.

The deadline is October 27th.

Our intent in this section of the issue will be to collect a wide range of bloggers and link up to their statements in regards to why they blog (something many of us are asked) and any statement they have on the theories/practices of blogging.

If you already have a post on this you can feel free to use it, or, if you are interested, you can submit a new one.

We will link to each statement from the issue at our site, with the intent of creating a hyperlinked list of statements on blogging that can serve as an introduction to blogging (or an expansion of knowledge for those already blogging).

If you are interested please contact me at mdbento @ gmail.com

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Thankyou very much Thivai, I have e-mailed you something that might be interesting I hope. I'm honoured to be asked. Thankyou so much.

Also, thankyou to you too CJ! Hope you liked the devil poem I did for youxx

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Cocaine Jesus said...

i loved the devil poem. thanks.
x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home