Tuche & Automaton

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

There is such a thing as bad art

And I make it.

Sitting here with guitar in lap, I often wonder "Why?"

Over a year ago I decided to take lessons to learn about music, and sing the songs of my soul.

Soul singing has yet to occur as I fumble through chord changes and hold my baby as if she were a dead fish.

I learn from the head and not from the heart. The heart has nearly seized through years of rusticular calcification.

Life, percieved, has not been kind, and meds dull the ache.

I learn because I want to. Through will I pluck the strings though a Jimi I will never be, nor a Dylan...not even a Croce.

But that's ok, because I make art...even if it hurts the ears and makes dogs howl.

I make the art.

2 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger JohnFen said...

Balderdash! :D

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Like this. Even though you say you do not use the heart in art...it pulses across this piece like burnt blood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home